Last modified October 10, 2022
The RD Offutt Company ("Company" or "We" or "RDO") respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.rdoffuttfarms.com, (or our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
In addition to the website listed herein, this policy applies to information we may collect:
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this RDO website.
- Through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
- It does not apply to information collected by us from public sources or through any other means.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16 If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or, through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at DataPrivacy@rdoffutt.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or other personal information and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information").
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to any of our services, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that despite the security measures we undertake, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services. Click here Data Subject Access Request to change related settings on your Account.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To assist us in understanding customer and industry trends.
- To monitor customer satisfaction.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please visit Data Subject Access Request. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business
[ and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them ].
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of RD Offutt Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by RD Offutt Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the "email a friend" feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Access and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of RD Offutt Company our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out at Data Subject Access Request.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out at Data Subject Access Request.
- This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out at Data Subject Access Request. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept all browser cookies.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
While we do not currently sell data, which could trigger opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A, should this change, Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights would be able to submit a request at Data Subject Access Request.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act and other data protection laws, including:
- The right to know the sources of your personal information we have collected in the last twelve months, what we use that information for, whether it is being disclosed or sold, and to whom it is being disclosed or sold.
- The right to “opt-out” of RD Offutt ’s sale of your personal information to any third parties.
- The right, with some exceptions, to have your personal information deleted from RD Offutt’s possession or control.
- The right to receive equal service and pricing from RD Offutt even if you exercise any of your privacy rights.
You may submit requests for access or erasure of your personal information via a Data Subject Access Request or emailing email@example.com.
If you submit a request for access or erasure of personal information, you will be required to verify your identity by answering certain questions. We will not disclose or delete any information until your identity is verified.
If you are making a request for erasure, we will ask you to confirm again that you want us to delete your personal information before processing your deletion request.
If you are making a request for access, we may not be able to provide specific pieces of personal information if the disclosure creates a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of your personal information, your account with us, our network, or the System.
You may designate an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf by providing that agent with your written permission. If an agent makes a request on your behalf, we may still ask that you verify your identity directly with us before we can honor the request.
Agents making requests on behalf of California residents must verify the request by submitting written authorization from the individual. We will not honor any requests from agents until authorization is verified.
Our response to a request is at no cost to you. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you are under 18 years old, a California resident, and a registered user of any Website where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to DataPrivacy@rdoffutt.com. Your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of what you have posted, and the law may not require or allow removal even if requested.
Do Not Track Signals
The Website does not respond to Do Not Track signals at this time. If a user has the Do Not Track option enabled, the Website will not track and analyze your behavior on the Website. However, third parties affiliated with the Website through advertising and other relationships may not respond to Do Not Track signals. We are not responsible for third-party affiliates’ response to Do Not Track signals. Users should check third party privacy policies to determine how they respond to Do Not Track Signals.
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to DataPrivacy@rdoffutt.com
International Data Processing
RD Offutt is located in the United States and all data related to the Website is collected and processed by RD Offutt Company in the U.S. If you are not located in the U.S., your personal data will therefore be transferred to, processed, and stored in a country outside of the country where you live. By submitting your personal information to us, you are consenting to the processing of your personal information in the U.S.
For UK and European Union data subjects, all personal data will be processed for lawful purposes in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other relevant data privacy laws as described in this Privacy Notice. If your information is only collected based upon your consent and not for other lawful purposes, you may be entitled to withdraw consent by completing a Data Subject Access Request. Such withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of processing prior to the withdrawal of consent. Further, withdrawal of consent does not affect processing of information based on other lawful bases of processing other than consent.
We encourage you to contact us regarding any issue, concern, or complaint at Data Subject Access Request or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. UK and European Union data subjects may file a complaint with a data protection authority regarding our processing of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. RD Offutt Company is located in the United States and all data related to the Website is collected and processed by RD Offutt Company in the U.S. If you are not located in the U.S., your personal data will therefore be transferred to, processed, and stored in a country outside of the country where you live. By submitting your personal information to us, you are consenting to the processing of your personal information in the U.S.
Data Subject Rights-for Residents of UK and EU Member States Only
UK and European Union data subjects may have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or other data privacy laws. If you are a UK resident or European data subject, as defined in the GDPR you may exercise any lawful rights you may have under the GDPR or relevant data privacy law by emailing us at DataPrivacy@rdoffutt.com The following are rights that may be available under the GDPR or other relevant laws to residents of the UK or EU member states:
Right of Access
You may have the right to access data collected about you. To request access to what information we have collected about you and how it has been used, please contact us.
Right of Rectification
You may have a right to correct any incorrect or incomplete information we have about you. To request a correction, please contact us.
Right to Erasure
In certain circumstances, you may have the right to request that we delete your personal information. To request erasure, please contact us.
Right to Restrict Processing
In certain circumstances, you may have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information. To exercise your right to restrict processing, please contact us.
Right to Data Portability
You may have the right to receive personal data we have collected from you in an accessible format. You may also have the right to have the personal information we have collected from you transferred to another controller. To submit a request, please contact us.
Right to Object
You may have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. To object to the processing of your personal data, please contact us.
Rights Related to Automated Decision-Making Including Profiling
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on an automated process (no human involvement) which produces legal effects or significantly affects you in a similar way. We will not make these types of decisions by solely automated processed. If you believe that an automated decision-making process was applied to you, please contact us.
We have implemented reasonable and appropriate measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.