From left: Charlie Wachlin, Jonathan Robbins, Kyle Robinson, Nate King. Chelsey Sitzmann not pictured.
Three R.D. Offutt Farms will have new leadership this spring when it is time to plant potatoes.
- Charlie Wachlin, 25-year team member, has been promoted to RDO’s Regional Farm Manager. Wachlin began his career as a general laborer at the Wadena farm. He spent time as Team Lead in Wadena and Perham before being promoted to Wadena Farm Manager in 2012. In his new position, Wachlin will oversee operations at RDO’s Wadena, Little Falls, Staples and Lisbon, ND farming locations. Originally from Wadena, Wachlin and his wife Diane live in Bertha, where they raised four children. Wachlin serves on the Wadena County Fair Board.
- Jonathan Robbins, 15-year team member, has been promoted to the Wadena Farm Manager, replacing Charlie Wachlin. Robbins started his career at RDO at the Perham Farm, working in maintenance, irrigation and the warehouse. In 2011, he moved to Oklahoma to manage a sweet potato farm that RDO operated for a few years. Since then, he’s been back with the Wadena team, working his way up from laborer to Team Lead and now Farm Manager. Robbins is from upstate New York and resides in the Wadena area with his wife and two children. Robbins is a member of the American Legion Post 366 and serves on the Wadena County Fair Board.
- Kyle Robinson, nine-year team member, has been promoted to Wadena Team Lead. Robinson has served as the farm’s shop foreman, maintaining equipment and irrigation connections, and supporting farm operations during planting and harvest. Robinson grew up in Parkers Prairie and after living in Warroad for a few years, he returned to Parkers Prairie where he lives with his family.
- Nate King, nine-year team member, has been promoted to Little Falls Team Lead. King has worked in many aspects of the farm, including maintenance, irrigation and serving as a planting, cultivating and harvest operator during his time at RDO. King grew up in Fergus Falls and spent time on his uncle’s farm as a child, growing his love of agriculture. He lives on a small hobby farm with his family near Eagle Bend.
- Chelsey Sitzmann was hired to manage the Hastings Farm in collaboration with long-time partners, the Molitor Brothers Farm. Sitzmann was born and raised on a large potato farm in Dawson, ND – which is also a partner to R.D. Offutt Farms. Her previous farming roles include field scout and agronomy manager on her family farm, Certis agricultural regional sales manager, Simplot certified crop advisor, and crop production manager on a 20k acre farm in Echo, Ore. Sitzmann has an Ag Management Degree from the University of Minnesota and Carlson School of Management.
Warren Warmbold, R.D. Offutt Farms Vice President of Operations, said it’s exciting to see long-time team members move into leadership roles, noting RDO’s average manager has more than 25 years with the company.
“Many of our team members start in operations, learn the various aspects of the farm, and take that expertise into leadership positions,” Warmbold said. “R.D. Offutt Farms is a wonderful place to grow a career.”